There has been a lot of confusion over the in-game decals (emblems/badges) for the ships since the game was released and wanting to find out which was which I wrote them an email…
I wonder if you can help me in regards to the decals? I was expecting the Backer Decal as it was listed amongst my ‘rewards’, but I haven’t had any info or notifications as to what this decal is and if it is in the game yet.
In my Backer-App details list it shows:
First Round Private Beta
- Participate in the first round private beta test.
- Participate in the second round private beta test.
- DRM-free collector’s premium boxed edition of “Elite: Dangerous”. Includes a T shirt with “I backed Elite: Dangerous” on the back, an A3 Star Map and a paperback copy of the official sequel to “The Dark Wheel”.
- Kickstarter Special: Have the option to start in the founder’s world with any starter ship and 4,000 CR. Note: any Kickstarter decal-carrier will be able to travel to this secret system in gameplay.
- Digital Download Pack. This includes a single digital download of the game, any expansions and 500 credits when starting a new game.
- Access to the private backer’s discussion forum.
- Download a digital copy of the “Elite: Dangerous” music.
- Your name forms part of the naming database (so your name will be one of those used randomly for non-player in-game characters).
- Download a digital copy of the official sequel to “The Dark Wheel” novel.
- Reserve your Commander name in the game (first come, first served, except Jameson).
- Receive the digital newsletter and progress updates.
- Explorer: Have the option to start on the edge of explored space with a long range version of the Cobra Mk III and 3,000 CR (randomised system choice for multiplayer reasons).
- Independent Trader: Have the option to start in the Lave system with a basic Cobra Mk III and only 100 CR.
- Pirate: Have the option to start in an anarchic Frontier system with a stolen but upgraded Cobra Mk III and only 100 CR (randomised system choice for multiplayer reasons).
- Federal Trader: Have the option to start in a Federal border system with a basic Cobra Mk III loaded with cargo worth 1,000 CR and 1,000 CR in cash (randomised system choice for multiplayer reasons).
- Imperial Bounty Hunter: Have the option to start in an Imperial Colony with an Imperial Eagle Mk II Fighter with upgraded weapons and shields and 1,000 CR (randomised start system choice for multiplayer reasons).
- Be an Elite supporter, and get a digital code when the game is released to apply a transferable decal to your ship, unique to you, the game’s backers.
I’ve changed the text to bold where decals are mentioned.
Would it be possible for some clarification on what decals are associated with what reward?
I have the Skull, which I believe is from the Mercenary Pack. I also have the Planet, which I think is the ‘Day 1’ decal. The only other ones I have are for the different Elite Ranks (Combat, Trade, Exploration).
Many thanks for your time. Kind regards,
Shortly after, I got a reply:
The backer decal is in game and you should already have it. This decal looks like a planet with one ring which I believe is what you describe above. The skull decal is actually both the day one decal and the mercenary pack decal, we’re sorry for any misunderstanding caused by this. The skull decal was originally called the ‘day one’ decal but was available to users who had the mercenary edition of the game, thus it became the ‘mercenary edition’ decal also.
Frontier Developments Team
Which is a definite answer and quite clear. So here are images of the decals and what they are for:
Let’s hope that sorts out that problem!